The gambling industry in Australia is wide and varied. There are now many gambling companies, both in the land-based section and those providing their services over the internet. The Australians in turn are very fond of gambling entertainment of all kinds. According to statistics, it is Australia’s first place in the world in terms of the prevalence of gambling and involvement of people in such activities.
The Biggest Companies in Off-line Gambling
The land-based sector of the gambling industry is well represented in all states and territories. The state strictly enforces all rules and laws regarding gambling, so all operating casinos and gambling-related companies are verified and licensed.
Among the most significant gambling companies, please consider the following:
- Aristocrat Leisure Limited — a leading manufacturer of pokies machines, and these products are very popular not only in Australia, but all over the world;
- Centrebet — the largest betting company, located in the Northern Territory;
- Crown Resorts Limited — a well-known chain of gaming and entertainment facilities;
- Federal Group — a gambling house in Tasmania, stunning with its interiors and variety of gambling entertainment;
- The Star Entertainment Group Limited — a company that owns a large number of entertainment complexes and several businesses;
- Tabcorp Holdings Limited — a nationwide lottery organizer and a major manufacturer of casino equipment.
Companies in On-line Gambling
There is an interesting situation in this sphere. After the IGA, online gambling and the companies organizing it are fully allowed in Australia. But according to the current legislation, activities for money are not available to Australians, so local providers can only accept bets on sports, fantasy sports, and races.
But even in the niche left by the law for Australian operators, there are notable representatives:
- BetEasy is an operator that accepts bets on all kinds of sporting events and races;
- Betfair Australia is the Australian branch of a large British company that develops software for online casinos;
- Betstar — a well-known online bookmaker;
- Moneyball — if you are interested in fantasy sports betting or real-time online betting, you are welcome to give a try to these services;
- Sportsbet — one of the leading sports bookmakers;
- Ubet — an Australian provider, the main area of activity is betting on any race kind.
There is also a list of sites on which you can find Australian online casinos where you can replenish your account in AUD and also withdraw money to a bank card:
Despite the somewhat bizarre situation with online gambling, Australia leads the world in terms of citizen involvement in the field. Sufficiently balanced government policy regarding land-based casinos has led to the fact that gaming establishments and the entire industry bring considerable income to the budget in the form of taxes. It is possible that in the nearest future, the legislation will be slightly revised, which will allow Australians to have access to Australian casinos online. In the meantime, any foreign sites are always available to them.